Villa Turquoise is a privately owned, beautiful architect designed house in an exclusive development perched on the hillside with stunning panoramas over the turquoise waters of Kalamar Bay, the islands beyond and the glorious Lycian coast. The cool contemporary design harmonises beautifully with the natural surroundings and makes the most of an elevated situation overlooking the bay.
The villa is laid out over three floors, with the ground floor sitting room opening onto a terrace which overlooks the swimming pool and provides breathtaking views across the bay of Kalamar to Mouse and Snake Islands. This terrace then leads round to the tranquil and attractive gardens behind the villa.
The villa is surrounded by an abundance of colourful and fragrant plants, with areas of shade to escape from the midday sun. Beyond the pool is a tiled pergola providing shade for the perfect al fresco dining area, complete with a stone built BBQ for entertaining at home.
There are plenty of sun beds and parasols around the pool as well as comfy seating areas to recline in the shade.
The interior is exceptionally spacious and is beautifully designed and furnished with a sense of calm and sophistication.
Specifications Internal Area: 200 square meters
Grounds: 550 square meters
- Four bedrooms, sleeping eight, all with en-suite bathrooms and balconies with views across the rooftops to the sea. One double bedroom on the ground floor with 3 further bedrooms on the first floor
- Large open plan and beautifully furnished split-level lounge and study area leading on to the terraces
- Contemporary and extremely well equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Separate utility room with washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Internet access capability, flat screen TV, DVD player and Bose iPod music system
- Air-conditioning and heating throughout
- 6m x 4m infinity swimming pool
- Sun terrace with sun loungers,garden hammock and parasols
- Outside shaded dining area and comfortable outside seating
- Feature stone barbecue
- Rooftop and sunbathing area with its own kitchenette and cloakroom
- Travel cot and high chair
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Pool and beach towels for your convenience
- Water cooler
The rental price of the villa includes the services of our maintenance team who will welcome you on your arrival at the property (or the next morning). They are well informed of the local area and will be able to advise you on everything from beaches, to car hire, to places of historical interest. There is always someone on hand should you need any help or assistance during your stay.
There will be a welcome pack at the villa containing basic groceries to see you through the first couple of days.
Beach towels are provided for use during your stay.
Also included is a daily rubbish removal and full clean towel and linen change mid week and again at the end of the week.
The pool, sun terrace and gardens are maintained on a daily basis.
We offer an early morning fresh bread and bottled water delivery service.
If you would like to explore the local area during your stay, there is plenty to see and do.
The villa is only a 5 minute downhill walk to The Kalamar Beach Club. A great place for the whole family to relax on the sun terraces and swim in the beautifully clean waters of Kalamar Bay. It also provides a safe environment for teenagers to hang out if they want time off from mum and dad - or vice versa! For a small fee of circa 4 pounds sterling per person per day the club offers the following facilities:
- A free taxi service to and from the beach club.
- An excellent restaurant with friendly staff and great food and drink (try the iced lemonade!).
- Free internet access.
- Water sports are available at a small extra cost.
There are several other beach clubs nearby, of which the Villa Mahal is another of our favourites. Pick the Mahal boat up from the harbour and enjoy a fabulous day out. However, we wouldn't recommend this trip for younger children.
The unspoilt village of Kalkan is a 15 minute downhill walk or a 5 minute taxi ride. Kalkan offers a wide variety of great restaurants (see our Guide in the villa for some of our favourites) an interesting selection of quaint shops and a picturesque harbour.
The Independent newspaper listed Kalkan among the best tourist destinations for 2007.